Header Ads

I READ OVER 500 BOOKS EVERY YEAR.-Professor Omayiwa



Our correspondent Bayo Adeshina, was in a recent interview with professor Omayiwa and he revealed to us how he groomed his reading culture and that he also reads over 500 books a year.
See details of this interview below.
GOOD DAY SIR, PLEASE CAN YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO US?
My name is professor Solomon Omayiwa, I am a professor of Theology. I am aged 45.
HOW DID YOU DEVELOP YOUR READING CULTURE?
As a student of Ochaja Boy's Secondary school, Kogi State, I met a white lady named, Mrs Macdona under whose tutelage my reading skill was nurtured.
One day when she saw me, she looked at me intently and said that "This young man I want to make you a reader" and after she made me go through a book in a month that was the beginning.
SO HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU READ IN A YEAR?
I have read over 200,000 books in my life time. I read as much as nine books per week,86 books per month and about 504 books in year.
HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO READ THIS LARGE AMOUNT OF BOOKS DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE WORKING?
What I do is I read a chapter before I go to sleep, but then am a fast reader, I also wake up at 12 midnight and I read till 4AM,i go back to bed to wake up by 6am and prepare for work. I also read during the day anytime I am free.

No comments