Header Ads

Tears flows in Keshi's wife's burial


TEARS flowed freely yesterday as the remains of the late wife of the former coach of the Super Eagles, Mrs Kate Keshi were lowered to mother earth in Benin City. The Technical Director of the Super Eagles, Shuaibu Amodu, Former Super Eagles Coach, Austin Eguavoen and officials of the NFF were among dignitaries that attended the burial. The requiem mass was held at St. Paul’s Catholic Church in Benin City before she was laid to rest at her husband’s residence in Ugbor, GRA, Benin City.
Coach Eguavoen who described the death as a huge loss to all sports lover in Nigeria described the deceased as a “wonderful person who was very close to my family.” He said that his own wife was her chief bridesmaid during their wedding in Belgium and that “Kate was the god-mother to my first daughter. She was a lovely mother, wife and sister and we are going to miss her”.
Godwin Ezine, who is former falcons coach said that “this period is for sober reflection. You can imagine staying together for many years and a separation now has come. I sympathize with Keshi and I pray that God Almighty gives him the strength and courage with his family to stand the test of time. It is very sad for all of us but we cannot question God”.
On his part Keshi described his late wife a unique woman. “A wife that every man would love to have.
I am honoured that people took out of their busy time to come out and give their last respect to my wife. Most of them have been with my wife, they knew her and probably that’s why they are here. I thank them and every other person, the press, and all Nigerians who were in prayers with my family. I am grateful”.

No comments