Header Ads

I’ve not gone to church in eight years –Jesse Jagz


2Even though popular rap artiste, Jesse Jagz, grew up in a church which his father headed, the rapper has said that he has not been in a church in over eight years. He argued that what really mattered was a person’s relationship with God and not the period of time spent in a religious institution. He said, “I think every human is spiritual. Prayer is communication with God and there is no definite way of communicating with God. My dad was a pastor so we grew up in church. However, I have not gone to church in eight years. I believe education does not only exist within the four walls of a school the same way God does not only exist in a religious institution. He exists on his own. Growing up in church has made me realise the most important thing is to have a relationship with God. Human beings take religion too seriously.” The rapper who left his record label for over two years toldSaturday Beatswhy he left. He also expressed his feeling about his brother, MI, being his new boss. “Coming back to Chocolate City has been wonderful and I am glad about the expansion of the record label. There are more employees and better creative control for the artistes. I left because after I finished recording my album, ‘Thy Nation Come,’ I played it for the record label but for business reasons, they did not want to release it. Actually, if you have listened to the album you would know that it is somehow controversial and you would understand why the label did not want to release it. So I went ahead to release it myself. I am happy for MI and Ice Prince as they have become the CEO and MD of Chocolate City respectively. I would also want people to understand that MI has always been our president, I have always been the think tank of the trio and Ice prince has always been on the administrative end right from when we were in Jos. I would say those are just titles but everybody has been playing that role. I am a shareholder in Chocolate City and it was so even when I left two years ago,” he said.

No comments